On Sunday 20 July, the Department of Community and Children’s Services are inviting the residents of the City of London to come together for a new type of community event: The City Life Community Fair – the City’s very own summer fete.
That day, the historic Guildhall Yard will be a blaze of colour as it hosts a fun-packed afternoon of food, entertainment and activities for all ages. At the centre will be a full-sized festival stage featuring music, dance and some very special guests. There will also be a bustling market area with stalls run by local charities and community groups.
The event is aimed at residents and tenants of the City of London but is open to all and free to attend.
Regular updates about acts and activities at the Community Fair will be posted on the FYi Facebook page as they are confirmed.
- Nick and Cheyenne: Multi-award winning young ballrooms stars Nick Kelly and Cheyenne Russell will be giving a spectacular performance and leading a workshop.
- Prestige Swing: An eight-piece swing and jive band playing hits from legends including Glenn Miller, Ella Fitzgerald and Frank Sinatra.
- Belles of London City: Morris dance with a twist from London’s own female folk dance troupe.
- Apollo 5: Acapella vocal group performing jazz, pop and classics
- Absolute Bollywood: Modern Bollywood dance show
Families who have enjoyed previous City Life events will find many of the same great activities for children such as face painting, entertainers and soft play including a bouncing castle. For this year’s event we are adding a fun fair tea cup ride.
A variety of hot food and snacks will be on sale, as well as a licensed bar.
FREE HEALTH CHECKS
COMMUNITY MARKET STALLS
ARTS CRAFTS GAMES ACTIVITIES