Knoll UK announces up to 70% off iconic original designs in its
annual sample sale: 19 November 2016 10.00 am – 4.00 pm
For one day only, on Saturday 19 November, Knoll UK will hold its annual sample sale of iconic licensed original designs with reductions of up to 70% off retail prices.
The Knoll sample sale, to take place in its Clerkenwell showroom, has become a much-awaited fixture in the calendar for those looking to purchase iconic designs by some of the most highly regarded furniture designers of the twentieth and twenty-first centuries at highly reduced prices.
• Barber Osgerby Compact Armchair, was £6,283 now £999
• Barcelona® chair in gaucho leather red, was £5,755 now £1999
• Bertoia plastic chair white, was £251 now £59
• Cesca handwoven chair, was £1,056 now £299
• Platner side chair, designed by Warren Platner, 1966 (bronze with olive-coloured fabric) was
£3,005 now £899
• Platner side table, designed by Warren Platner,1966 (nickel with brass top) was £766, now £349
• Saarinen dining table, designed by Eero Saarinen, 1957 (120cm diameter with arabescato marble top) was £3,683, now £1,999
• Saarinen side table, designed by Eero Saarinen, 1957 (white laminate with white base) was £647, now £279
• Saarinen side table (Arabescato marble), was £1,003 now £349
• Tulip side chair, designed by Eero Saarinen, 1957 (red seat pad) was £1307, now £549
• Wassily chair (canvas), was £1,333 now £399
Knoll UK Annual Sample Sale
Date: Saturday 19th November
Time: 10am – 4pm
Location: 91 Goswell Road, London EC1V 7EX
E. firstname.lastname@example.org T. 020 7236 6655
Founded in New York in 1938, Knoll is still recognized all over the world as a leading player in the design of residential and office furnishings, thanks to products that are constantly inspiring, evolving and timeless.
The firm’s founder Hans Knoll belonged to the third generation of a family of furniture makers from Stuttgart, who had moved to the United States with the aim of transferring the ideas and forms of European design overseas. With the precious contribution of his wife Florence, an active participant in the cultural movements of the time, Hans Knoll had from the outset the fundamental goal of producing furnishings with modern, exclusive design, made with the greatest care from the finest selected materials.
Furniture for the office or the home that stands out because of its unique personality and design and be capable of interpreting or even forecasting the evolution of lifestyles. The permanent collection of Knoll includes furnishings designed by some of the most famous designers of all time such as Franco Albini, Gae Aulenti, Harry Bertoia, Frank Gehry,
Alexander Girard, Piero Lissoni, Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, Marcel Breuer, Eero Saarineen, Warren Platner, Charles Pollock, Richard Schultz all the way to more recent contributions of David Adjaye and Barber & Osgerby.
In 2004 Knoll Inc. was listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), and today the firm has eleven monobrand showrooms in the United States, in cities including; New York, Chicago, Washington DC, San Francisco and Boston, and with three proprietary showrooms in Europe: Milan, London and Paris.
Knoll has received many prizes and honors for its activities, including the National Design Award for Corporate and Institutional Achievement from the Smithsonian’s Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum in 2011. In 2013 Knoll celebrated 75 years of design, based on a modernist avant-garde vision that extends to contemporary design for the home and office.