On 3rd January, Naturally Fast Food chain LEON, which has a branch at 5-6 Moorgate, close to the Barbican, will be unveiling a new selection of free-from dishes inspired by its upcoming cookbook Fast & Free, demonstrating that it is possible to steer clear of certain ingredients without denying yourself a positive and joyful relationship with food.
Their additions to the menu will launch just in time for January’s health drive and will be showcasing a selection of gluten-free, dairy-free and refined sugar-free dishes. From the new LEON dairy-free cashew milk Ruby Berry Porridge to the gluten-free Chicken Noodle Soup, these dishes prove that a free-from menu doesn’t need to compromise on flavour, or fun. They will also be featuring a recipe directly from their new cookbook, nine days before it hits the shelves – a Sweet Potato & Okra stew created by Chef Jane Baxter.
At the same time, LEON will be welcoming back some old favourites: The LEON Gobi, Thai Green Chicken Curry Hot Box, Kale & Peanut Salad, Kale, Peanut & Mackerel Salad, and their classic LEON Power Smoothie – this time made with a berry compote of ‘wonky fruit’, making use of excess produce and helping to combat food waste. Read more here.
John Vincent, LEON Co-founder and CEO comments: “At LEON, we have always looked to make it easier for people to eat well and steer clear of things that are either temporarily, or permanently, avoiding. If we have done our job right, we will have created a very safe, but very fun playground for you. Somewhere you can play without concern, and do so with a skip in your step.”
The 2017 January menu will include:
BRAND NEW ITEMS
- The Ruby Berry Porridge (VE, DF, WF) – Dairy-free porridge made with cashew milk & organic oats. Topped with strawberry, blackcurrant & raspberry compote and almond butter. Its almond butter jelly time. £2.75
- Sweet Potato & Okra Stew (VE, GF, WF, DF) – A twist on the traditional West African groundnut stew. Sweet potato, kale & okra in a spiced up peanut butter sauce, topped with fresh coriander. A recipe from our cookbook Fast & Free. £4.95
- LEON x Gizzi Chicken Satay Hot Box (GF, WF, DF) – Chargrilled chicken thigh on Italian brown rice, served with a pot of punchy satay sauce. Topped with fresh coriander & toasted seeds. £7.15
- Chicken Noodle Soup (GF, WF, DF) – The ultimate comfort food, made with shredded chicken and rice noodles. Naturally gluten-free. £3.50
- Chicken, Avocado & Chorizo Salad (GF, WF, DF) – Chargrilled chicken thigh, avocado and nitrate-free Spanish chorizo on a bed of broccoli, peas, cucumber & quinoa. Topped with a sprinkling of fresh herbs and toasted seeds. £6.45 (out) and £7.75 (in)
- The LEON Gobi (VE, GF, WF, DF) – It’s back. A classic gentle Indian curry with sweet potato, cauliflower, chilli, ginger and spices, finished with coconut milk. £4.25
- Thai Green Chicken Curry Hot Box (GF, WF, DF) – Slow cooked shredded chicken thigh, roasted aubergine and bamboo shoots, with lemon grass, lime leaves & green chilli. £6.95
- Kale & Peanut Salad (V, GF, WF, DF) – Shredded curly kale, spring greens and crushed peanuts with a tangy tamari and sesame dressing. All the kale kids are doing it. £2.95 (out) and £3.55 (in)
- Kale, Peanut & Mackerel Salad (GF, WF, DF) – Shredded curly kale, spring greens, crushed peanuts and smoked mackerel. Packed full of the vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and good fats the body needs to keep healthy. £4.65 (out) and £5.60 (in)
- Power Smoothie (V, WF) – Organic oats, milk, yoghurt and our new Ruby Berry compote blended for breakfast. Feel power-full. £2.95 (out) and £3.55 (in)
- Clean Green Shake (VE, DF, GF, WF) – Our new Clean Green recipe. Avocado, Spinach & Apples. Boosted with Ginger, Lemon and Pear Juice. Blended to mend you.£2.95
- Toast of the Town (VE, DF) – Wholemeal toast with cinnamon and date butter. It’s toastally amazing, and vegan. £1.50
- Vegan SuperClean Quinoa Salad (VE, GF, WF, DF) (£3.95 out and £4.75 in)
- Chicken SuperClean Quinoa Salad (GF, WF, DF) (£4.65 out and £5.60 in)
NOW AVAILABLE AT LUNCH
- LEON x Gizzi Chicken Satay Burger £5.95