GS Wines are pleased to announce that their concert ‘The Magic of Opera 2020’ has been rescheduled to take place at St Mary’s Church Putney on Wednesday 16th December at 5:30 pm.
Unique operatic gala concert, featuring much-loved arias from the greatest operas including those by Puccini, Mascagni, Bizet, Mozart (and more subject to confirmation) – performed by some of London’s greatest classically-trained musical talent. We have had to make a modification to the line-up of artistes, but rest assured that we will enjoy a first class performance from them! We feature:
- conservatoire-trained Italian soprano, Francesca Matta,who has performed many of the major soprano roles in the great Italian operas. Francesca combines a beautiful singing voice with sound technique.
- a majestic tenor, Roberto Abate(finalist in the Herald Sun Aria Competition in Melbourne and the Bel Canto Award run by the Joan Sutherland Society in Sydney), who has sung many roles with Western Australia Opera, Grange Park Opera and Fulham Opera and will thrill you with his rich voice and powerful delivery of dramatic arias;
- Emily Kyte, a fine up and coming mezzo, who studied at Guildhall School of Music & Drama and ENO Opera Works Programme;
- and one of London’s finest piano accompanists, Caroline Jaya-Ratnam(who regularly performs at the BBC Proms);
- plus our PIANO TRIO for the evening, which comprises Stephen Bryant(Leader) and Mark Sheridan (Cellist) of the world-renowned BBC Symphony Orchestra and prize-winning pianist Caroline Jaya-Ratnam
The singers will perform magical arias from some of the greatest operas including Tosca, Turandot, La Traviata, Aida, Madame Butterfly .
We are currently finalising our programme, but we expect it will include wonderful pieces, such as
Piano trio no.1 in d-minor 1. Molto Allegro agitato by Mendelssohn (Piano Trio)
Celeste Aida from Aida by Verdi: tenor solo (and Roberto Abate, our tenor really delivers this brilliantly)
The Flower Duet from Lakme by Delibes
Un Bel Di Vedremo from Madame Butterfly by Puccini
Verdi Prati from Alcina by Handel: Mezzo solo
Nessun Dorma from Turandot by Puccini
Altogether, an evening of sheer enchantment – and the knowledge that you are supporting some of our talented performers! AND we will be serving our stunning Italian wines, including some from Southern Italy (Rino Corbo’s wonderful big fruity Fontana Reale Merlot and Zagarella’s mellow Malvasia Nera) during the concert!
Child (Age greater than 7 years, less than 18 years) £7.50
Ticket includes a welcome glass of Italian bubbly and 2 glasses of wine (or fruit juice) served to seated guests during the concert, plus packet of snacks and free concert programme.
For updates and more details about performers and what is on offer for the evening (including the selection of wines), please visit the Eventbrite page https://magic2020.eventbrite.co.uk
Doors open from 5:00 PM for a welcome drink. Concert starts at 5:30 PM.
Attendees can be assured that GS Wines take the safety and security of our performers and audience very seriously. The measures will all comply with government guidelines to ensure Covid-19 security for all guests, performers and staff.
8% discount available to Barbican residents, if ordered direct from Gordon (firstname.lastname@example.org 07866 440162) as follows – Adult ticket price £37.50* (instead of £41.02)